Phoenix, AZ, has been dubbed the most expensive city in the United States — relative to income, the cost of living in Phoenix was found to be higher even than LA and New York. If you find yourself in need of a dumpster in Phoenix, whether for residential or commercial use, you might wonder whether the cost of dumpster rental is exorbitantly high.
What Factors Influence the Cost of Dumpster Rental?
Whether you need a dumpster at your Phoenix construction site, you’re remodeling your home, you are clearing out an estate or an attic, or you need a dumpster for your business, the first thing you will want to know is inevitably this — how much will it cost me to rent a dumpster?
As you browse the internet in search of answers, you will quickly discover that few dumpster rental providers will immediately commit to even giving you a ballpark idea. This is not because dumpster rental providers lack transparency, but because the cost of a dumpster rental depends on a multitude of factors.
Here is a closer look at the conditions that will influence the cost of renting a dumpster:
- The size of the dumpster. Renting a 10 yard roll-off dumpster will be cheaper than renting a 40 yard roll-off dumpster.
- The weight of a filled dumpster. All the waste and debris you dispose of in a dumpster has its own weight. A dumpster filled with polystyrene will weigh significantly less than one filled with concrete. The final weight of a filled dumpster will impact the cost.
- The type of debris or waste you dispose of. Dumpster rental companies place limits on the types of materials you may place into a dumpster. Many will assist you in hauling hazardous materials, but this will cause the cost of dumpster rental to increase significantly.
- Landfill or depot fees will also be reflected in the cost of dumpster rental.
- Fuel prices, which fluctuate often, have to be considered as well.
- The location at which you would like the dumpster to be placed will influence the cost of dumpster rental. This is both because it determines the distance from the dumpster rental provider’s location and because it determines how far away the depot or landfill is. In addition, you may require a permit to have your dumpster placed, and this is something the dumpster provider often handles for you.
- The duration of your rental. The standard length of your rental period is one week. If you require a dumpster for a longer period of time, the price will increase — but you will usually be offered a significantly lower rate.
If you are looking to rent a dumpster of any size, whether in Phoenix, AZ or anywhere else in the United States, you also have one final factor to consider. You can make significant savings by choosing your dumpster rental company wisely. Some dumpster providers charge more, while others are able to offer dumpsters at a lower cost.
Do not be deterred by the fact that you can expect to go through the process of asking for multiple quotes. Simply contact a few reputable dumpster rental providers near you, explain your unique circumstances, and ask for a quote.
As you do this, keep in mind that the cost of dumpster rental should not be the only factor you consider when you choose a dumpster rental company. Also, consider:
- Whether the dumpster provider offers the dumpster size you are looking for.
- If the dumpster rental company offers 24/7 customer support and emergency response services.
- How quickly the dumpster can be delivered to your location.
- How quickly the filled dumpster can be hauled and, where necessary, be replaced with a new one.
- Whether, if you also require porta potty rental, the same provider is able to offer this service to you. This will make it much easier to manage your site!
How Much Does it Typically Cost to Rent a Dumpster in the US?
The standard duration of dumpster rental is one week. Nationwide, the average dumpster rental costs are:
- $220 to $580 for a 10 yard dumpster.
- $265 to $620 for a 15 yard dumpster.
- $280 to $699 for a 20 yard dumpster.
- $311 to $718 for a 30 yard dumpster.
- $350 to $780 for a 40 yard dumpster.
What’s the Average Dumpster Rental Cost in Phoenix?
Well, it all depends. The friendly Arizona Portables team always strives to keep the cost of dumpster rental as well as porta potty rental affordable, and below industry standards.
We can deliver 15, 20, and 40 cubic-yard dumpsters across Phoenix and Arizona at short notice, including in Glendale, Mesa, Scottsdale, and the surrounding areas. We handle all of the logistics — delivering your dumpster, picking it up, and disposing of the debris — to ensure that your project can unfold smoothly.
Call us for a quote today!